Sunday, December 1, 2013

First Day as a Muskie

Hello readers, my name is Juan Dunlap and I will be filling you in about various aspects of my college life as a freshman at Muskingum University. I hope you enjoy and happy reading!

My first day as a Muskie was definitely interesting. I will admit that though I enjoyed, it was a bit intimidating. I did not really know anyone. Normally I am super social and easily make friends, but this time something seemed different; I did not talk to nearly as many people as I would have expected (by now, I  have made a ton of friends). From both the campus tour and my schedule, I knew where all my classes were located, so finding them was not a problem. My first class was Computer Science and I really enjoyed this one and I expected that it would be one of my favorite classes; the teacher was nice and of course, the subject was part of my Computer Science major. I was correct in my assumption. I then had a break in which I could go get lunch. Luckily, I did know one person well at at Muskingum, so lunch for that day would not be alone. My friend Mallory and I had been involved in acting at a community theatre, Towngate Theatre for years. I found Mallory and her roommate Kassy and the three of us had lunch in a restaurant on campus, the Bait Shop. After lunch, I prepared for my next class, which was Calculus. From the beginning I knew that class would be a challenge, simply because Calculus is a difficult subject. The teacher seemed nice, so I decided I would like that class too. It has been a challenge, but I am still doing pretty well in Calculus. Finally, my last class of the day was Arts and Humanities. I immediately decided that I liked the teacher, Dr. Kaluhiokalani. His class was also challenging (mostly in remembering all the names of painters, sculptors, and authors) but I found (and continue to find) the class really interesting. I know from past experience that if it seems you and a teacher will not work well together, you should drop the class. Luckily none of teachers thus far were bad. As I prepared to drive home from my first day of college, I was glad that I had chosen Muskingum University as my college and I believed that the remainder of my time at Muskingum would be wonderful.

Well that's about all for this post. This blog will be updated rather regularly throughout the remainder of my Freshman year. See you next time!

Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment