Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 2 As a Muskie

Hello readers, my name is Juan Dunlap and I will be filling you in about various aspects of my college life as a freshman at Muskingum University. I hope you enjoy and happy reading!

Aside from new classes, my second day of college was not much different from my first. Upon arrival, I went to my first scheduled class, First Year Seminar. This class was with the same teacher as the previous day's Computer Science class, so I already knew I'd like the teacher. Basically Muskingum's First Year Seminar is the same as just about any other college's intro to college class. Throughout it, we are supposed to learn where all the buildings are on campus, learn about campus services, learn about fun and interesting events to go to, and basically make a smooth transition into college. It seemed like a pretty easy class, so I was not worried much about it. My only problem, if any would be putting work off until the end; I am a terrible procrastinator. Next, I had two hours in which I could eat. I also learned that on Tuesdays, there would be informational meetings for the freshman class called Hot Topic Tuesdays; I would attend these in the future. Also, I learned that there were meetings for the Association for Computing Machinery held on Tuesdays, so when I had attended enough Hot Topic Tuesdays, I could also attend the ACM meetings. I had lunch by myself on this day. I looked around the Bait Shop for familiar faces, but I did not recognize anyone. This was okay, as I spoke to a few people in line. After lunch, I again had Calculus class. Calculus was held four days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. After Calculus, I had what is probably one of my favorite classes at Muskingum. This was Emergence of the Modern World. As an LAE, some people might find this class annoying to attend, but with Dr. Hilton, the class is great! She is really passionate about the subject matter and always keeps class interesting. It also helps that several of the students in the class contribute to the discussion daily, myself included. So far, Dr. Hilton's class is the most engaging of all the classes I have taken at Muskingum. I will admit, Emergence is challenging, but the tests are fair and if you put the effort into attending class, taking notes, and studying, you should do well. And so concluded my second day of college.

Well that's about all for this post. This blog will be updated rather regularly throughout the remainder of my Freshman year. See you next time!

Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment